The Honeywell Total Connect Comfort app allows users to remotely monitor and manage their heating and cooling system – at anytime, from anywhere. Honeywell’s Total Connect Comfort works with Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostats and with Honeywell Redlink Comfort Systems when used in conjunction with Honeywell’s Internet Gateway.
With the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort app users can:
- View and change the schedule (for thermostats that support this feature)
- Utilize the Demo Mode before purchasing a thermostat
- View and change heating and cooling system settings
- View and set the indoor temperature
- View and change system fan (for thermostats that support this feature)
- View and change humidifier and dehumidifier settings (for thermostats that support this feature)
- View 5-Day weather forecast
- View outdoor temperature and humidity (when used with an outdoor sensor)
- Access multiple smart thermostats
- Access multiple locations if more than one system is registered
- View thermostat alerts such as high or low temperature
- Automatically upgrade to new features once they become available
Whether a homeowner, business owner or both – users will find comfort in Total Connect Comfort
• Easily see when your heating, cooling or fan circulation system is running with the “On Now” feature within the app. Note: Some older thermostats cannot support this feature. Go to https://www.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal/Home/FAQs to check compatibility.
• Introducing Voice Assistance, which allows the thermostat to be controlled with just your voice. Works in concert with Siri® for a truly hands-off experience. Go to iOS Settings, scroll to the Honeywell Thermostat app to review configuration options, including:
• Open App in Voice Mode. Turn this setting on, and you can use Siri® to open the Honeywell's Voice Assistance in listening mode without pushing app buttons. Simply prompt Siri®, and say ‘Thermostat’. Siri® will open the Honeywell app The Honeywell app will open with its Voice in listening mode.
• Shake to Talk. Turn this setting on, and you can ask a series of voice questions/commands by simply shaking your phone while in the Honeywell app.
• Note: Voice Assistance an optional feature. If you decline microphone permissions initially, or at anytime in settings, the feature will not hear or respond to your voice. Voice Assistance is available only in the United States at this time. To learn more about the in app voice feature and see a full list of voice commands, visit http://hwll.co/tccvoice/.
• Updates for iOS-9 compatibility.